Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Thing Three!

     I could use a blog in my teacher education program or my future classroom in many ways. I could use a blog in my teacher education program to keep a journal of my training and experiences, things I have learned or observed from other teachers, keeping track of current educational issues,  and to share ideas about education to help me in the future. I could use a blog in my future classroom in many more ways than that. I could start a blog to communicate with parents by posting class information such as calendars and assignments, tell about class activities, showcase excellent student work, teach the students how to use and make a blog, and post links to go along with class assignments to further the student's knowledge on a topic. Depending on how old my students are, I could use a blog for group projects, book discussions, daily writing assignments, or just basically teaching them how to blog. Most children are eager to learn anything that deals with technology or the computer.

6 comments:

  1. You are so right that children will be eager to blog. Blogging could be used to motivate students to do well on assignments because other students would be able to view their posts and leave comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad you agree! This is only one of many ways children could be motivated to do well on their class assignments. :)

      Delete
  2. Kelsi, what a great idea to log your new teacher experiences through a blog. This will most definitely help a student coming through the training after you for inspiration as well.
    Thanks, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad you think so too! I think it will help other teachers in the future as it will for me too. I could always go back and look at it at anytime. :)

      Delete
  3. I also thought that using a blog to communicate with parents and keep them up to date about what is going on in the classroom would be a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you agree with using a blog to communicate with parents. It is important to keep them involved in their child's education. :)

      Delete