Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thing Ten!

I never have really thought about what a RSS feed was. I would always bookmark my websites or put them in my favorites. However, now that I know what they are I have discovered what a useful tool they can be. I discovered a few pages that interest me. The pages that I chose to put into my RSS are Confessions of a Pioneer Woman, Free Technology for Teachers, Recipe Girl,  Elementary Teacher Blog, and Teaching Blog Addict. The things I like about RSS and newsreaders would probably be that everything is all in one place. I do not have to go to many different websites to read what I want to. I can just simply go to this Google Reader and everything I am interested in and subscribed to will be right there in one place. How simple is that! I also like that it is also connected to my gmail account that I use for my blog. It makes everything easy for me, and I am all for things being easy! I think I would be able to use this technology in my classroom by subscribing to educational tools I can pull up in class for a lesson. I can refer back to resources, and they will all be located in the same place. This will be a useful tool because it will save me a lot of time going back and forth to different websites. I could also use this for my personal life by subscribing to things that interest me. I can go to one website and have everything from several websites in one spot. I believe teachers can take advantage of RSS by incorporating different lessons with examples from a website that the class can read regularly and are subscribed to. I think it will be a useful tool because it will save the teacher a lot of time. I also think that teachers could take advantage of this new technology for lesson planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment