Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Thing One!

       The 7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners were very interesting to me. The easiest habit for me is probably number one, begin with the end in mind. Anything I do I always think about what happens next or the future. Before I even started college last fall I was thinking about graduating with my teaching license. I can not ever start something without finishing it. I always seem to set goals for myself whether I mean to or not. It is almost like I challenge myself just to make myself go above and beyond my own expectations. The hardest habit for me is probably number 7 1/2. That might sound crazy to you, but I sometimes forget about making myself free "play" time. I always feel like I need to be doing something or working on something that I do not have time for myself. Sometimes the easiest things can become forgotten, especially for a college student.

       There are a few things that I would like to learn by playing with Web 2.0 tools. I want to learn how to use different tools for later use in my classroom. I would like to learn more about podcasting and what it is all about. Learning anything about Web 2.0 will help me in some way to prepare me as a future teacher. I did not know that not all sites like all browsers equally. Now, I know that switching browsers may solve my problem.

       I enjoyed creating and setting up my blog. I like to create and design things. Even though it was different than anything else I have ever done for a class, I thought it was pretty easy. The hardest part for me was probably naming it. I also had fun designing my own avatar. I thought it was so neat that you could get online and make yourself as an avatar figure. I have already learned so much to use in my classroom. As I worked on this I felt like I actually knew what I was doing and enjoyed it at the same time. I also like how we are all working on this same project, but we get to create our own personal blogs that shows each individual personality in some way. It makes me think how each child we will have in class someday will have their own personality, and not one single person is the same.

4 comments:

  1. You blog is so cute!
    I think that you bring up a good point. it is important to relax your brain and make time for yourself. I usually take my dog for a walk, its a good way to stay productive and still get some "play" time for me also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      Yes, sometimes it is hard for me to remember that I need to relax and make time for myself. Thanks for the advice you gave me and what you do to relax but still be productive, too.

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with number 7 1/2 being one of the harder habits! I always get wrapped up in whats going on and forget to let go and have fun. Love Kayla's comment on being productive but still relaxing. Never thought about it that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I'm not the only one who has that problem! I also loved Kayla's comment. :)

      Delete