Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thing Sixteen!

I chose the iGoogle start page. This one appealed to me because it was really simple to set up, especially since we use gmail as our email. Google always appeals to me more than other pages. The easier it is for me, the better! I also liked that I could choose my own theme. I chose the theme with the frogs because I thought it was cute. There is a very good possibility that I will make it my permanent homepage because everthing is located all on one page.

I also experimented with online calendars. The online calendar I chose was 30 boxes. These online calendars can be very useful to me. I can access them from anywhere at anytime. I can stay organized using these calendars. I can remember birthdays, when assignments are due, imporant dates, and I could even use this in my future classroom for lesson planninng. I think everyone would agree that an online calendar is a very useful tool.

I chose to the to-do list "Remember the Milk". While experimenting with this to- do list I found it very useful. You can manage your daily tasks and set goals from anywhere you want, including your phone. Iphones and androids have an app for this, too. You can even add tasks with Siri. You can manage these offline as well. You will never think you are forgetting something because you can have everything right there with you. You can also get reminders sent to your email and in a text message. I think "Remember the Milk" is a very helpful tool.


I thought that both of these tools had uses for school and home. I can use the online calendar and the to do list in the classroom and in my personal life. I would definitely recommend the online calendar ,30 boxes, and the to-do list, Remember the Milk ,to anyone that needs or wants to stay organized. Ithought both of these were very helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment