Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thing Seventeen!

Before completing the discovery exercise for thing seventeen, I had never heard of social bookmarking sites. As I experimented with Delicious and the other resources I learned quite a bit about them. However, I am not completely comfortable using this type of tool just yet. I can see some potential in social bookmarking. I got to see how the online tagging system works. You can find many links to different things. For example, a link may go to lesson plans, videos, and specific grade and subject areas. I can definitely see this being useful for teachers if they came together to share their resources and how they are successful teachers. They can easily track it using Delicious. They can share and collaborate on things that work and do not work in the classroom. Social bookmarking could also help with classroom management and make lesson planning  less stressful.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment